Find all your paperwork in one spot - we've got you covered!
Here's what you need to get prepared for your first visit!
Use the links below to access your Secure Patient Portal and submit your documents online. Please contact our office if you do not have a patient portal, and we will help you get started.
Smile Surfers strives to make your appointments with us as simple as possible. We’ll work hard to meet your budget requirements by taking:
- Major Credit Cards
What to expect at your child's first dental visit
A Friendly Greeting
A Warm Welcome to the Smile Surfers Family
Looking for a Few Tips About the First Appointment?
We've got quite a few for you! Take a look through our FAQs.
It's my child's first dental appointment. Do you have any advice on how to make it a fun memory for them?
- Go with your child to their dental appointments.
- Help your little surfer develop a positive relationship with the dentist by making it clear that he or she is their “dental home.”
- The less “ fuss” the better. Wait until the day of the visit to inform your child about it.
- If your little surfer is curious about the dentist, let them know that the doctor will examine his or her teeth to ensure that they are in good shape.
- Help your child prepare for the visit by getting a good night’s sleep!
- Don’t use a dentist appointment as a consequence of misbehavior.
- Be a good role model by practicing an excellent oral hygiene routine in front of the kiddos.
- Show them how it’s done by maintaining good dental care in front of your children! Use positive speech when talking about the dentist.
Remember: Dental visits are part of growing up. You shouldn’t offer rewards or indicate in any way that there is anything to fear.
Can I stay with my child throughout his or her visit?
Yes! We strongly advise all parents to come along with their little surfers during their appointments. This helps your child feel more at ease throughout the visit, as well as giving us an opportunity to work with you in developing a treatment strategy for his or her dental and general health.
Are dental x-rays safe
What are the best steps to take in a dental emergency?
If your child is experiencing a dental emergency, please call our nearest office and our team will do everything possible to get your child in right away.
- Call our Richland office: (509) 946-9999
- Call our Kennewick office (509) 581-4455
Check out this resource here for more information and guidance on best practices: Emergency Dentistry page.
Notice of Non-Discrimination
Smile Surfers does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations. These activities include, but are not limited to, hiring and firing of staff, selection of volunteers and vendors, and provision of services. We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, clients, volunteers, subcontractors, vendors, and clients.
Translation services are available; we provide language assistance services (free of charge) to those who need it.